A BIG DAM!
located in Hodgeman County,KS
* More than 7,200 feet long (almost as long as Tuttle Creek dam)
* Approximately 86 feet high
2.5 million cubic yards of dirt (covering a football field 500 feet deep)
Over 35 years in the making...HorseThief Reservoir is now a reality! A wonderful new water resource in Western Kanas -- you can boat, swim, hunt, fish, and hike the trails -- Equestrian trails as well. Fees are nominal and HorseThief has something for everyone. The reservoir is only a short distance from Jetmore -- where you can purchase all of the supplies you need, enjoy the area restaurants, and stay in our new motel or local B&B if you are a "less adventurous camper". HorseThief has RV hookups; primitive camp spaces and a great little cabin for rent! Home to HorseThief Festival in June; Camp Wild Women and ...coming in the Fall of 2013...Zombie Paintball!
Bed & Breakfast
- RatesStartingFrom: $50.00
HorseThief Stay & Play Coupon
- August 18, 2014 - August 18, 2015
HorseThief Reservoir Meeting Facility
- # of Rooms: 4
- Banquet Capacity: 25
- Classroom Capacity: 20
- Exhibit Space:
- Reception Capacity: 25
- Description: HorseThief currently has meeting and classroom space available -- as well as nice kitchen facilities. The wrap-around porch can also be accessed for increased capacity, as well as plenty of space for dining tents.